What You Need To Do To Start Service
- If you are building a new home, please call our new service department at 302-349-9090 ext. 258 to begin the process of starting service.
What You Need To Do To Transfer Service
- Please call the Co-op at 855-332-9090. If possible, please know the meter number for the address. The number can found on the home's electric meter.
Transfer of Service & Fees
When you are buying or renting a home or residence that is currently served by DEC, we will simply transfer the service.
- $12.00 transfer fee
- $34.00 reconnection fee if electric is turned off at the property
- $25.00 membership fee if not already an existing member
- Deposit: $0-$250 depending on credit history
The size of your deposit is determined by your credit history and is required to protect our members from those who leave our lines without paying their final balance. Your deposit will be credited to your account after 12 consecutive months of paying your bill with no late payments.