Delaware Electric Cooperative, Inc. (DEC) is a progressive, member-owned electric distribution cooperative seeking an experienced candidate to fill the full-time position of JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN.
The qualified candidate must have successfully completed a Lineman Apprenticeship Program or equivalent Lineman training courses. Must have experience working on energized high voltage aerial lines and associated equipment, underground distribution systems, operating heavy equipment and must have a valid CDL license. Skills and abilities must be demonstrated by completing and passing an in-house certification test.
Other Job Requirements will include but are not limited to:
- Provide the safe and efficient electrical service to member-consumers by developing and promoting required adherence to all established safety rules and practices.
- Performs readily all duties enumerated in the position of Journeyman Lineman including but not limited to all levels of work on overhead and underground systems, energized and de-energized, distribution and transmission, primary and secondary, without special supervision.
- Completing all types of electrical service, construction and maintenance, including work on energized lines, transformers, switches and other equipment, on the transmission and distribution systems to the degree generally accepted within the industry and to which training and / or direct supervision has been provided in the most effective manner possible and in accordance with the established policies, plans and objectives.
- To promote, in accordance with established policies and procedures, a dynamic electric use program by taking every opportunity to acquaint the consumers with the advantageous and productive uses of electricity and to assure them that they are receiving the maximum amount of uninterrupted and low-cost electric service through the diligent application of sound methods and effective performance of responsibilities.
- To promote effective public and member relations by all available means including being able to inform the public of the Cooperative's objectives, plans, and programs and by actively participating in community and civic affairs.
- Must possess a valid Class “A” CDL license and must have knowledge to operate light or heavy equipment including but not limited to backhoes, trenchers, fork lifts, cranes, trucks and trailers.
- Participates in the completion of all energized line work, including but not limited to changing out insulators, cross-arms, tools, and equipment and safety devices properly and readily, according to established safety codes and practices.
- Available to participate in emergency maintenance, as directed and requested, after normal working hours.
- Performs any other work of equal or lesser skill within the capabilities of the individual as needed to assist in the performance of this work.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs.
Please complete the application and attach your resume along with your Journeyman Lineman Certification.
NO Phone Calls Please
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
How to Apply!
Fill out the general Co-op application HERE.