Loaded Salted Caramel Soft Batch Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup good quality milk chocolate chips
1 cup rolos, roughly chopped (you can also use plain caramel squares, roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon sea salt flakes, or coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper. Set aside.
2. In an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the softened butter and both types of sugar. Mix until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Add in the vanilla and then incorporate the eggs one at a time until fully mixed.
4. Beat in the flour one cup at a time and then beat in the remaining dry ingredients.
5. With the mixer on low, mix in the chocolate chips and chopped rolos.
6. Use a small ice cream scoop to make tablespoon sized cookies with the dough. Place the cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
7. If you want the cookies to be extra pretty, add a couple chocolate chips and rolo pieces to the top of each cookie. Little blogger trick to make the cookies come out as pretty as possible!
8. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until baked through. The key to keeping them soft is to not over bake them. It’s okay if they’re not browned; they will also flatten some as they cool.