Network System Administrator
The Network and System Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the Cooperative’s computer and network systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all servers, storage devices, databases, local and wide area network hardware/software and communication links. The Network and System Administrator will analyze and resolve network, server and pc issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. Provide system support and maintenance to servers, personal computers, printers, applications, phones etc. to meet current needs of the Cooperative.
Reports to: Technology Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES
Within the limits of established policies, budgets and legal requirements, assumes responsibility and has commensurate authority as delegated by the Technology Manager for the performance of the following activities:
- Assists with annual work plan and makes budget recommendations as appropriate for systems and networking. Participates with Technology Manager in the development of departmental long and short-range plans.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation, and initiates or makes recommendations to the Technology Manager
- Keeps Microsoft and network certifications and related appropriate training current.
- Provides training or individual assistance to users.
- Designs and implements disaster recovery and business continuity plans for operating systems, databases, networks, servers and software applications.
- Plans and performs server and network related hardware and software upgrades to minimize downtime.
- Apply systems analysis techniques to determine hardware, software and network performance. Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of systems, databases, storage and networks. Minimize downtime.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its affect on performance and recommend/deploy enhancements to meet new or changing network and system demands.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network and system administration and appropriate use.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure hardware and software products and services.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot end user desktops and mobile devices.
- Coordinate the work of outside specialists.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Provide application level support for end users.
- Work as liaison between end user and application vendors.
- Fully support and administer copper and IP based phone system. Support voice recording, screen capture, IVR, Auto Attendant.
- Support centralized printing along with end user printers/copiers/faxes.
- Support AVL system along with vehicle cell modems.
- Administer and support employee cell phones.
- Monitor and support our WAN infrastructure and work with OT to maintain our fiber ring along with relevant hardware/software.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Technology Manager.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as computer science or engineering. Each additional year of experience may substitute for one year of education.
2. Experience: Must have at least five (5) years experience in areas of personal computers, systems equipment installation, service and repair and network communications installation, service and repair.
3. Knowledge: Must have a working knowledge of computer systems, network equipment and applications. Working experience with Windows, Unix and Linux server operating systems. Working experience with Cisco and Palo Alto routers, switches and firewalls. A working knowledge of system software currently used by the Cooperative is desired. A working knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls is necessary.
No Phone Calls Please.