Delaware Electric Cooperative, Inc. located in Greenwood, DE is accepting applications for a SCADA Engineer in our Operations Department.
Delaware Electric Cooperative (DEC) is a not-for-profit progressive cooperative in electric distribution. Established in 1936, we are a steadfast company, committed to providing over 105,000 members with reliable, affordable, and sustainable power. In the world of System Controls, DEC is seeking a self-starter who understands the intricacies of SCADA, can bridge between OT and IT, and can clearly communicate to any audience.
All candidates should expect a challenging and fulfilling career here at DEC.
- Directs activities of the SCADA System and their adjacent systems.
- Supervises, directs and manages field technicians, field operations, and/or contractors required to install, maintain and upgrade various components within DEC’s SCADA System.
- Programs all new SCADA field and substation devices as well as SMP programming for all SCADA devices.
- Builds new SCADA displays and properly links displays to field and substation devices as well as determines existing SCADA displays are properly built, programmed and linked to correctly operate expected devices.
- Maintains, monitors and manages all field devices correlated with SCADA, including communication structuring, metering, and power systems interface alterations at field locations.
- Communicates and coordinates across departments by providing information on the state of the electrical system for daily improvements, for outage prevention recommendations, any network issues and other system disturbances in relation to SCADA.
- Provides functional and technical assistance to supervisors, managers and others within DEC.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic testing of hardware to evaluate ease of use and determines if product will aid user in work performance.
- Coordinates, analyzes and adjusts SCADA data in vendor historian to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Monitors functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Reviews reports of field hardware, software and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to ascertain cost and plan operating changes.
- Analyzes SCADA information/loads to determine, recommend, and plan design for changes to the types of field equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment and system that will provide capability for proposed project or workload, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted equipment.
- Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience working with SCADA, GUI, UX/UI or like in kind computer systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred experience with CISystem
- Preferred working knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Office software package, GUI programs, and/or UX/UI.
- Willingness and ability to learn knowledge of theory, network operations, components and configuration of data communication networks from a network administrator and network engineering perspective.
- Must be able to interact professionally with other employees, representatives of other organizations and the public.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and correct problems quickly.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary of this position will be in accordance with the “Wage and Salary Plan of Delaware Electric Cooperative”, latest revision.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Healthcare and Flexible Spending Account
How to Apply!
Step 1: Fill out a special Indeed job questionnaire HERE.
Step 2: Fill out the general Co-op application HERE.