Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small package (8 ounces) velveeta (or similar product), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sandwich buns
- Lettuce, tomato, sliced cheese, and pickles as garnish (optional)
- Cook beef and garlic over medium/high heat in a 12 inch skillet, approximately 8-10 minutes. It will continue to cook in the slow cooker, so it's okay to cook it medium/medium well instead of all the way well done. Crumble the beef while you cook to your liking. Drain the skillet of the oil.
- Add the cooked beef to a non-stick sprayed slow cooker. Add in the cubed cheese, onion, bacon crumbles, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine as much as possible.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, fill buns with the beef mixture and top with desired garnishes.
Fore more recipees, please visit www.thecookierookie.com.